ORC 2023 CONFERENCE
Dear ORC family, friends and associates,
We are very glad to announce that the 7th international Seminar on ORC power systems (ORC2023) will be held in Seville from 4 to 6 September 2023.
It will be a real pleasure to meet again in person to discover the latest advances of the ORC community in the beautiful city of Seville! Check out https://orc-conference.org/ORC2023 and follow this page for further information!
Below is the welcome letter written by Prof. David Sánchez from University of Seville, organizing chair, on behalf of the ORC2023 organizers.
As the conference chair of the 7th International Seminar on ORC Power Systems, it is my pleasure to invite you to join me in Seville in September 2023 for the biennial meeting of our Organic Rankine Cycle community, which is brought to you by KCORC and University of Seville.
The long-term objectives set forth by the European Commission in the Green Deal call for a concerted effort of our scientific community, the industry and the European administration. Time is short and hence joint mechanisms for the planning and implementation of new technologies and solutions which can tackle these objectives timely and effectively are of paramount importance. This has become even more relevant in recent months, where social and political tension worldwide has put security of supply and energy independence at the forefront of energy transition together with global (environmental, economic, social) sustainability. Past editions of the conference and recent publications of the Knowledge Center on Organic Rankine Cycles have shown that ORC is already a cornerstone of energy transition, thanks to its versatility, flexibility and reliability. The market is growing (number of installations and rated output of individual units) and expanding into new energy sources and applications. It is hence about the right time to join our community and to strengthen your network in order to become a key contributor to solving the challenges ahead of us.
Therefore, I am very happy to welcome the ORC community in person and for real to the hospitable and vibrant city of Seville in September 2023! We are all looking forward to your high-level research contributions, ranging from fundamental to applied topics, as well as presentations of the latest products and solutions by the industry at the ORC2023 conference.
Please do not hesitate to forward this invitation within your network and spread this announcement to peers and colleagues.
Prof. David T. Sánchez-Martínez, Conference Chair
Abstract submission now open:
The submission portal is now open to receive one-page abstracts. Following the conference’s core business and taking new technical trends into account, the organisers are looking forward to contributions to the 7th International Seminar on ORC Power Systems in the thematic fields listed below (alphabetical order):
- Applications and heat sources
- Pumped thermal energy storage
- Waste Heat Recovery in stationary applications
- Waste Heat Recovery in mobile applications
- Heat Exchangers
- Volumetric Expanders
- State-of-the-art ORC systems
- Novel and advanced concepts
- Thermodynamics of ORC systems (including simulation, design and optimization)
- Experimental facilities: lab-scale
- Experimental facilities: pilot plants
- Educational approaches – New track in ORC2023: ORC2023 is opening up this new track to discuss innovative approaches to introducing ORC technology in academic curricula at under and postgraduate levels.
- Heat pumps – New track in ORC2023: ORC2023 is interested in exploring synergies between ORC systems for power generation and heat pumps, in the field of either energy storage or heat upgrade.
- Heat pumps technology
- Heat pumps application
- Market deployment
- Environmental life cycle assessment
- Techno-economic assessment and business cases
- Health and safety
- Operation, control strategies and system integration
- Supercritical CO2 applications and components
- Organic working fluids
- Zeotropic Mixtures
- Technical industry-oriented contributions
Besides the well-known focus areas, ORC2023 will extend its focuses towards Heat Pumps and Educational approaches and industrial contributions on industrialization and commercialization will be very much welcomed. These special opportunities for industrial contributions based on abstract, and a technical note (2 - 4 pages) are to note, in particular for industrial researchers to share their current developments with the whole ORC family.
Submission will remain open from November 15, 2022 to January 15, 2023. Upon review of the abstracts, notification of acceptance will be made by February 15, 2023. The deadline for the full paper (max. 8 pages) submission is scheduled to be March 26, 2023.