31st International Conference on Efficiency, Cost, Optimization, Simulation and Environmental Impact of Energy systems
ECOS 2018 will take place in Guimarães, Portugal.
ECOS participants will have the opportunity to disseminate their technical knowledge, also by interacting and creating a network with colleagues throughout the world. ECOS is focused on the fundamentals of thermodynamics, economics and environment analysis of all forms of energy conversion. Contributions are invited (although not restricted) on the following topics:
- Basic and applied thermodynamics
- Heat and mass transfer
- Fluid dynamics and CFD
- Exergy, process integration and optimization
- ORC and low grade thermal energy recovery
- Refrigeration and heat pumps
- Fuel cells
- Power generation and CHP
- Renewable energy - solar, wind, hydro, etc.
- Energy storage
- Distributed generation
- Biomass, biofuels
- Combustion, gasification, reaction engineering and CO2 mitigation
- Energy use (building, transportation, desalination, etc.)
- Industrial energy use
- Environmental impact of energy conversion
- Energy policy and planning
- NEW! Biomedical applications and Exergy
- NEW! Smart grids and renewables integration
For general information about the congress, including registration, please visit https://ecos2018.org/.